2014 Report to Friends of the Binky Foundation
2014 has been a landmark year for The Binky Foundation! It is our 10th year of providing grants to organizations and individuals devoted to protecting, rescuing and caring for domestic and wild animals and their habitats. In that 10-year period we have awarded 252 grants totaling $889,761.36. Here are some interesting facts regarding these grants and the evolution of our programs:
- Of the 252 grants, over two-thirds (172) have been “First Steps” grants of $2500 or less, evidencing our growing focus on helping small, local organizations meet a specific immediate need or to get a firm basis for future sustainability.
- Our very first “First Steps” grant was not awarded until our fourth year – 2008.
- We awarded 60 “First Steps” grants in 2014 to recipients in 26 states compared to 31 grants to organizations in 18 states in 2013.
- We received a total of 134 applications in 2014, including an overwhelming 88 applications received in our September window.
- An additional 18 “First Steps” grants were awarded in 2014 with payment deferred to 2015.
- 2014 was the first year where all grants awarded were “First Steps” grants, completing our evolution to helping more organizations with smaller, more focused grants.
Our website continues to be a point of pride for us, particularly our Remembrance page that has become a wonderful way of honoring our lost but never forgotten animal friends and companions.
Many thanks for your interest in our efforts, and please know that 100% of any donations received from our friends will be used in support of our “First Steps” Grant Program.